Friday, November 9, 2007

1 Month Old!








Josie is 1 month old! The last month has been filled with lots of dirty diapers, lots of laughs, lots of kisses and not so much sleep. Josie has gotten better about sleeping the last week or so. For awhile though she was waking every hour and a half to 2 hours. I have been exhausted. It just happens that when she should be sleeping, she isn't and when she is sleeping I am getting up to get Kevin off to work or Chloe to school. We'll get it figured out, it will just take a little while. Now that she is sleeping a little better she needs to move into her bassinet! From the day she was born she will not sleep a wink when she is on her own. The second I put her down, she wakes up. I am not looking forward to breaking this habit.


Other than that I apologize for not keeping up on the blog. Some of you check it quite often. I never knew until I hadn't done any updates and boy have I heard it!:) So I will try and keep up!


What's new....


Josie has been growing, I won't know exactly how much though until her 2 month check up... She is definitely packing on the pounds... I am guessing she's about 11 lbs now & longer too! Her clothes are starting to fit better now! Which means more cute outfits!
She smiles all the time now! It is absolutely adorable. Kevin, Chloe and I have been making lots of funny faces, and cooing lots trying to get her to smile. She seems to smile the most when Kevin sings.
Josie also enjoys bath time. She is quite the girly girl, she loves her hair to be washed and brushed!

She has had a horrible case of baby acne and cradle cap though. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do for the acne, but give it time. The cradle cap I guess you can use a doctor recommended dandruff shampoo and it is suppose to just flake right off. It seems to gradually be doing that anyway so I think we'll just wait this out too.

Other than that Chloe has been sick with a nasty cold and last night was sick with the stomach flu. So far being a mommy of two has definitely had it's challenges!


Congratulations to Emily and Brian Timm. They brought a beautiful baby girl, Ashley Renee into the world Tuesday, November 5th. Emily's due date was exactly one month after mine and she had Ashley one day before her due date just like we had Josie. Two little girls born exactly one month apart! Emily and I became friends back in Illinois in grade school. Her dad got transferred to Portland when we were in 4th grade. We kept in touch over the years and when Kevin and I moved here I was lucky enough to be in her wedding 3 years ago. Emily and her husband Brian now live in Seattle. We are hoping to get together sometime over the holidays so our little girls can meet. Way to go guys! We are so happy for you!


Earlier this last week, we made a trip to Pendelton, OR. Our friends were over east elk hunting so we decided to join them and got to do some coyote and pheasant hunting. We made the drive in about 6 hours. I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. Josie only woke up twice on the way over and twice on the way home. She usually doesn't stay asleep very long on her own, even in the car! The trip was a great time. Just a great escape. I got a little break and got to pheasant hunt with Kevin and our two dogs (Sherry and Baleigh). We didn't get any but it was just nice to be out in the beautiful sunshine walking the fields.

I need to get going...Jo just woke up....I will try to be better about updating!!!! Til next time take care!!!

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?