Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So much has happened!













Ok, so it has been quite awhile since my last update. So much has happened!

March 15th was our wedding anniversary. Unfortunately we didn't do much celebrating. One of Kevin's very close friends from back in Carol Stream Illinois died that day. He was out on a jog and the next thing found on the side of the road. I haven't heard anything since the autopsy, but I believe they figured it was his heart. Again, another reason to live for today and cherish every moment we are blessed with. Twan may you rest in peace. You and your family are in our prayers.

St. Patrick's Day the Monday after, I got soooooo sick! I ended up with an awful cold! I am still trying to shake it and it's been 2 weeks! 4 days with a 102-103 degree fever! I was wiped out! I could barely even hold Jo I was so weak. Jo caught her first cold that week too. It started out with the icky runny nose. Other that that she seemed okay. Thursday evening I felt her first tooth coming through! So exciting! Friday morning, the same day my brother-in-laws and sister-in-law were arriving, Kevin noticed she had not one, but 2 teeth! Jo got her bottom 2 front teeth!
So Friday afternoon Jeremy, Greg and Kristin arrived!
What a great weekend! Chloe started to come down with the yucky cold Saturday, but she was a trooper! She must have stayed up every night LATE with all of us and got up every morning with all of us! Saturday we went to King Estate Winery! My favorite place here! We did some tasting, had lunch, went on the tour and then 'K.Bourne' and I had some MORE wine! We were also very lucky to have such beautiful weather. Then Saturday night we competed in our first egg-bumping tourney! It was absolutley hysterical! So one person is the 'holder' and the other is the 'hitter'. One egg will always crack, the one that doesn't, moves on! Chloe won with her egg named Pokemon! Congratulations to Chloe and Pokemon on your big 2008 win!

Sunday was Jo's first Easter and her baptism! Chloe and Jo woke to find eggs and their Easter baskets, then we all got ready for church. Kristin, Jo's Godmother, and I got her dressed at church. I was worried Jo would be fussy through mass, but she was fantastic! She fell asleep right as mass started and woke to an applause as everyone welcomed our family. I expected her to start crying, but she looked around wide-eyed sat up and was ready to go! This was her big day! After the homily we were called up to the alter. I carried Jo up and handed her to Kevin (as Kevin held Chloe when she was baptized). Kevin held her over the basin as the deacon used a shell to pour water over her head. It was beautiful! Very emotional. Josie loved it. I think she enjoyed having the water poured over her!
During communion there were numerous people that came up to see Jo. One woman came up touched her and told me how one of her friends told her that if she ever had the opportunity to touch a newly baptized baby that her prayers would be answered. One moment after another, this day was just perfect and one we will remember forever. Thank you to all of our friends and family that were able to share this special day with Jo and for all of the beautiful gifts as well.
Easter Sunday was one miracle after another! Chloe lost her first tooth! Another moment I don't think we'll ever forget! Chloe had bit into a chocolate bunny from the Easter Bunny and it yanked her tooth! She stood in the middle of the floor screaming and crying as blood was coming from her mouth! Kevin and I took her into her bedroom to try and calm her. Gave her some water and as Kevin explained how to move her tooth a little this way and a little that way.... She pulled it right out! There was lots of cheering and high-5's all the way around! That night the tooth fairy came and Chloe got $25 for her first tooth! Uncle Greggo, you can help me explain to her when the tooth fairy comes next time why you only get that much for your FIRST tooth. :)

Monday we went to the coast where we attempted to go crabbing. Not too much luck though. Plus we were all totally exhausted. So we had lunch, crabbed, checked out the beach and went home! Tuesday every one left to return home. :( We miss you all soooooo much!
By Friday afternoon Jo came down with a fever over 102. So I took her to the Dr. that night. Thank goodness they are open at night and weekends! Her ears checked out fine and so did her throat, but Dr. figured it was a sinus infection. Jo is now on her 5th day of antibiotics and has 5 more to go. She has done well so far, except for some mild diarrea.

Last week was spring break, which allowed Chloe and I some time to recoop at home, but poor Daddy had to work 7 days in a row. Which is completely exhausting when the alarm goes off at 2:45 am! I feel like a million bucks today. I got to sleep until 5!

Until next time, stay healthy!!!!

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?