As you all know by now Kevin and I are expecting! We are very excited!
We have had a more than a few losses the last few years while trying to have another child. We have gone through trial and lots of error with different doctors running tests and trying different methods. It was not easy, but ended up being well worth it.
Of course pregnancy is always something to be excited about, I feel like we have conquered the world!
We found out January 23, 2007. The same date 6 years ago we found out we were pregnant with Chloe! Once again this year we had something special to celebrate on Kevin's birthday January 26th.
According to the oh-so-scientific date calculator we were told to expect baby October 6, 2007. We had our first ultrasound February 6th. By this time I had already started taking a hormone called progesterone to maintain this pregnancy. One risk while taking this hormone is that it can prolong a pregancy that normally would not survive. I was terrified. When we went in for the viability ultrasound I expected the worst. I expected them to tell me to stop taking the hormones and let nature just run its course like before. Well they didn't tell us that!!!! The ultrasound tech looked at us, smiled, and said, "There's a flicker of a heart beat!" I did not expect to see baby today much less a heart beat!!! Then she says... "Looks like baby will be here about October 3rd!" It was a sign. A sign everything would be okay this time. October 3rd is the exact day Chloe was born. Suggested ultrasound dates can give or take a few days so for now we are staying with the original due date, October 6th.
Our 9 week appointment we went in hoping to hear baby's heart beat. Dr. B short for Dr. Beyerlein... was wonderful! Since we were ONLY 9 weeks along and there was a chance that we may not hear anything he asked if he could just do an ultrasound, so he wouldn't worry our hearts for even a second! He pulled the US machine right in our room, smiled and said, "Oh, this one's free of charge. This is just something fun I like to do." Sure enough everything was fine! We saw baby! Head, torso, arms, legs and a strong heart! It was truly amazing!
April 2nd we finally got to hear the most beautiful sound, our baby's heart! Dr. B came in and joked with both Kevin and Chloe as usual and then asked Chloe if she would like to help. She was thrilled. He gave Chloe the doppler, she gently put it on my abdomen and immediately found baby's heart beat! Her face just lit up. Dr. B said, " How did you find it so fast!? Do you know what that is?"
Chloe said, " Uh huh. My baby's heart!"
It was the sweetest thing! I am sure Kevin and I will both remember that moment forever!
Chloe is anxious and excited. She shares our news with anyone that will listen. Every night we sit down to dinner and say prayer she even says a special thanks for the baby. She knows when she's 6 she will have a new brother or sister!
One of the most valuable lessons I ever learned is that everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for all of us. I have learned to put my faith in Him and pray for what God has planned, not for what I want.
A special thanks to all of our family and friends that have been so supportive.
We will post updates & pictures as we go so keep checking in!
Love,
Jessica & Kevin
3 comments:
We are so happy for you. Congradulations to all of you. I can't believe how much Chloe looks like you Jessica. For a moment I thought it was you. It is how we remember you from the start.
Love
Cheryl & Ken Michaels
I can't begin to tell you how very happy and excited I am for all three of you!!! Especially since I'll be nearby, only a few mountains in between us this time, not several states!
Know how very much I love all of you!
Mom (Nona) ;)
We are too excited for you guys!! I was crying as I was reading this page I am so happy for you :) We will have to postpone our Oregon trip til the baby is here...aahh!!! Congrats again!
Post a Comment