Monday, May 7, 2007

Feeling goooood!


Since the last posting in April so much has happened. I have been feeling %100 better. I finally have an appetite and energy again! The first 3 months I actually lost weight! I was like wow! That's all I needed to do to lose weight, get pregnant! Just kidding! I have been able to eat again which has been great, especially jalepenos! Go figure! Kevin and I have been super busy with the house and yard work since the weather has gotten so nice... We even made time for an afternoon fishing trip on the Umqua river where we fished for salmon and shad. In fact this very afternoon was a date to mark! The week before this I kept thinking I could feel baby move but wasn't sure. While cooking hotdogs along the riverside I was SURE baby was moving! It was amazing. It has been so long since we had Chloe I forgot how miraculous it really is!

May 1st we had a routine ultrasound, normally the one where we would find out if we would be having a little prince or prinCESS... However, Kevin and I decided we wanted to be surprised this time around. We will be truly happy with either a boy or girl so what the hey, we'll wait! When we arrived for the ultrasound the US tech asked if we would like to know the gender. We both immediately said, "No!" She was shocked! We were the 5th couple that same day that were just going to do it the old-fashioned way! We can't wait to deliver baby and hear the famous, "It's a _____!"
The ultrasound went as well as could be expected. At first baby had his or her's little feet tucked under it's bottom. Then we got to see baby with a little case of the hiccups! Finally baby straightened out it's legs and just kicked and squirmed like crazy! Baby was very active! We even had the ultrasound recorded on a VHS tape! Since then I have shown co-workers and some family here. Everyone at work thinks its a boy... Although some other friends and family think it's definitely a girl. Even Kevin is trying to figure me out. The other day when working in the yard he says, "Turn around." I of course asked why? He again insisted I turn around. I was so confused, I thought I sat in something. He then lifts up the back of my shirt looks at the back side of me, puts my shirt back down and doesn't say a word. I was like, "What?! What is on me?!"
"Oh, nothing," he says.
Apparently a woman he works with told him that if your hips get bigger & wider it's a girl. If your hips stay the same and get a little more muscular it's a boy. Kevin wasn't too certain so I guess we'll find out the bigger I get!

We have been discussing names for a few weeks now. We were having the same problem we had when pregnant with Chloe. The girl name was not a problem, but the boy's name we were really struggling with. Although as of Sunday morning at about 3:45 am laying in bed, I think we have found the winning boy name!!!! Who knows, that could change a couple times yet!

Chloe's choice are...

For a girl : Trixie

For a boy: Danny Phantom (cartoon character)

I think Kevin and I will do the deciding!

I am currently trying to master technology and find a way to transfer the recorded ultrasound on the VHS to a DVD. Once I do that I will download it to this site so check back soon! If anything I should at least be able to scan the pictures from the US and post those.

It seems everyone is pregnant these days! I just heard of a friend that just delivered a beautiful baby girl May 1st, her cousin and her husband will be adopting a baby of their very own, Chloe's baby-sitter's daughter Tanna, Kevin's sister Chrissy, and my very best friend Emily from grade school is due exactly 1 month after us! Oh baby! Even one of Chloe's pet bunnies gave birth this weekend! She was so excited! Another date to mark, Chloe asked the question! The question about how and where babies come from! Kevin responded and said, "Mom, you take that one!"
I answered as simply as I possibly could. She now thinks that a boy and a girl do "some dance" when they love each other very much WHEN THEY ARE MARRIED and that's how it happens! It will just have to do for now!

I will post more pictures soon, so check back!

Lots of love,

Kevin and Jessica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love getting these updates. Chloe is so funny. Trixie. Where did she come up with that?! Genevieve

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica, Kevin, and Chloe :) You know I love updates !!! I am so glad you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing the info, keep it coming. I love seeing pictures of you all. Miss you like crazy Jessica!

~Kim


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?