Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer Fun




It has finally warmed up quite a bit here. With the weather changing for the better we have really taken advantage of it! Memorial Day weekend I decided to get baby's room started. I figured I should do it now while I am not too big and since it's not too hot I can keep the house opened up for ventilation. Thanks to my girlfriend Kim for an adorable idea, baby's room is now painted. Neutral colors of course (yellow and blue) so it will suit a boy or girl... We also took up the carpet that was in that bedroom to expose the hard wood flooring underneath. Next trim and then shopping for a rug to place in the center of the room. I have a couple of things like the changing table and book shelf that still need to be painted, but other than that I get to start moving the crib, rocking chair, etc all in maybe this weekend or next.


That was the work, as for the play....


We have been keeping busy fishing, canoeing, and hiking. Yesterday we went on a hike just outside of Cottage Grove to Pinard Falls. It was just reconstucted and we were there for the opening ceremony. The falls were beautiful. The hike was perfect. Not too long or difficult. Just right. The hike down was straight down, so the hike back up took a bit longer... After the hike we enjoyed some cold drinks and homemade cookies. Kevin, Chloe, baby and I all enjoyed ourselves. Baby was VERY active. I am guessing baby likes the exercise.


I have been trying to keep as active as I can and so far it seems to be helping. I had a doctor appointment this morning. Dr. B congratulated me on gaining weight. That's the first! I have gained 5 pounds this pregnancy. Typically another 15 pounds is gained in the last trimester so my total weight gain should be between 20 & 25 lbs. I gained 21lbs with Chloe so it seems about right. We listened to baby's heartbeat and Dr. took the first measurements today too. Everything is going well which is a relief considering I stopped taking the hormones that were helping maintain the pregnancy last week. Now the placenta has taken that role of producing that hormone, so everything should continue to go smoothly. Tomorrow is week # 22! We are moving and growing right along!


I also need to decide which hospital I would like to deliver at. My choices are McKenzie Willamette in Springfield or Sacred Heart in Eugene. McKenzie Willamette is a little closer, but usually if there are any anticipated complications with baby or mom they go to Sacred Heart. As of right now I am leaning toward McKenzie Willamette. I have heard great things about the birthing rooms and more importantly how fantastic their staff is. So probably next weekend I will try to make it by both hospitals for a tour! It will be interesting to hear what Chloe's opinions are!


Until next time....


Love,

Jessica, Kevin, Chloe and Baby




No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?