Friday, June 29, 2007

How time flies...


Kevin and Chloe at this year's Relay for Life. We love you Aunt Donna! You go girl!




I can't belive it, already in week 26! It took us so long to even get pregnant and since I have been I don't know where the time has gone! So far all I have done to prepare for baby is paint the bedroom and that was in May! I haven't bought anything except a picture album. I need to get the bedroom all set and start shopping so this baby comes into this world with clothes to wear. Things have just been busy, busy, busy! Work has been hectic and now that summer is here and Chloe is done with school we just never stop!

Baby has grown a lot! According to all the pregnancy books and info you can find online these days baby weighs approximately 2 lbs and is 9.2 inches crown to rump (head to bottom). Baby's eyes are beginning to open and blink. Baby may also respond to touch and also begins to make breathing movements. How facinating!

Last weekend I had been VERY uncomfortable. I could not sit or lay down. Standing I was perfectly fine. Dr. B thinks that baby had probably been trying to rotate into the head - down position and just slipped right past. Now baby's head is high on my left side and kind of laying or cradled across with his or her little very soccer-like legs high on my right side. Hopefully baby will figure out where to move to before he/she gets too big!

Kevin and I have been enjoying seeing baby move. Kevin "plays games" pushing and poking to get baby to move. It's hysterical. Chloe is so sweet too. Everytime I say good-bye to leave or return from being gone she will not only give love to me but kiss and hug my baby bump too. These are moments I will cherish forever and I am so thankful we have been given another opportunity to enjoy them!

Next on the pregnancy agenda is the wonderful glucose tolerance test (that consists of a disgustingly sugary drink and blood test) that will determine my blood sugar level and if I am at risk for gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes often occurs in pregnant women 30 or older and obese pregnant women. I'm not yet 30 and although I am beginning to feel like the pillsbury dough boy I have only gained 9 lbs so far, hopefully we'll be free and clear!

Wishing you all a very happy and safe 4th,

Jessica, Kevin, Chloe and Baby

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?