Tuesday, May 6, 2008

7 months!



Cinco de Mayo & Jo is 7 months old!

A few of her favorite things....
  • Talking (more like yelling)
  • Playing with sis
  • Patty-cake with Daddy
  • This little piggy with Mommy
  • Sitting up
  • Car keys
  • Waking up all night just to see Mommy
  • Eating fruits, rice cereal and oatmeal
  • Grabbing EVERYTHING. Doggies' face and ears, mommy's earrings and hair...
  • Bathtime
  • Mommy's massages
  • Music
  • Cruisin' in walker

Not so fave...

  • When Mommy puts her down for bed at night ALONE
  • Peas
  • When Mommy walks away or through a room
  • Stinkies in diaper
  • Loud noises
  • The Happy Birthday song (She cries everytime)
  • Carseat

As listed above we have started putting Jo down on her own for sleep. After bath time, goodnight hugs and kisses I play soothing music (Enya - the same CD we used for Chloe). I put her down drowsy, but awake. Say, "Ok it's night, night time..." and walk out while closing the door behind me. Set the timer for 10 minutes and WAIT. They set a timer because it always feels longer than it actually has been. So true! Then if not asleep already go in offer quick comfort (pacifier, rub her back), check to make sure she's clean, repeat "Night, night time..." walk out and reset timer.

The first time it took 16 minutes total, last night exactly 20. I really tried avoiding the whole cry-it-out method but this child DOES NOT SLEEP. I was up as many as 15 - 20 time in 6 hours! Granted all she would want is her pacifier and then go right back to sleep, but getting up that often is EXHAUSTING! So I try to let her cry for awhile to get to sleep and if it goes for too long I have tried what the book The Lullababy Sleep Plan recommends.... and that is put them down drowsy, but awake and just sit next to the crib, doing little as possible. I have tried that but then Jo will just think it's play time. Time to make faces, giggle grab... So I am trying to stick to my guns and keep this up for a week. Hopefully we will get a better sleeper!

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?