Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Daze


So it is finally feeling like summer. BBQs, ice cream and friends! We celebrated Father's Day this last Sunday. It was very special. We didn't do much. Kevin had to work so it was easy for me to surprise him. I cleaned Saturday as usual, (although lately I have been trying to let that slide some weekends so I can break away and enjoy some precious time with the girls.) Anyhow... I cleaned Sat. then Sun went to the grocery store early and was home cooking by 9:30. I made my fave anti pasta salad that my mom made when I was growing up, Kev's fave rice/noodle dish that Aunt Carol makes, spinach dip... I picked up a pie from Dairy Queen and of course some bone-in ribeye steaks for the boys! Everything was set. The bar was ready and stocked for 7 & 7's, daquiris, everything!

So when Kev came home he got his new golf bag that Chloe picked out for him, camouflage of course and I told him he had a tee time at 4:30. He wasn't enthused. He pretended he was though. :) So by 4:15 there was a knock at the door. Our friends Steve, Laura and their two girls Libby and Lacy arrived. Kevin, woke from his nap, looked up and was totally confused! Steve walked in says,"Hey don't you have a tee time?"
Kev says, " I don't know do we?"
I started to laugh, said, "No honey, you are not going golfing." We are staying home, gonna have a BBQ, race some RC cars.... His face lit up. This is when he told me he didn't want to golf!
& Kevin loves these RC (remote control) cars that Steve has and Steve brought 2, so they could each play! They are pretty cool. They are gas powered, and VERY fast. I think they have more fun than the kids do (as they are running from the cars)!

So anyhow, we played, ate and drank. We had a great time. The next morning both Kevin and Chloe said how much fun they had. It was a success. Really it wasn't anything big, just a simple cook-out with some good friends. I am beginning to learn the older I get, that is what it is all about... THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE.

Cheers to good friends and family!

1 comment:

Jeff and Genevieve said...

I love the video! Look at her go! Are they supposed to crawl that early? Good lord, she's only 8 months old. She's a smart one. I can tell from the pictures what a ham she is. Please tell Chloe I say hello and give them both a big hug from their Aunt V.


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?