Jo has also just started to wear her first pigtails, spikey pony tails and barrettes! I love it! She looks so cute! She has so much hair, it is so fun to play with! Now I can color coordinate rubberbands and clips to her outfits. It's a whole new world of style!
Chloe started played in her 1st Pop Warner Jamboree. Her team, the Lions, played 3 scrimage games. They each lasted about 30 minutes. Chloe started on offense every time! She plays center and does a great job snapping the ball to the quarterback. I guess last year they struggled and kept dropping the ball. What can I say, it takes a woman! They won their first two games and tied their last! Chloe even got to play on defense. At one point when Chloe came off the field from offense she took off her helmet, drank her Gatorade, put on her ball cap and just kicked back. We were like Chlo you NEED to put your helmet back on and be ready to get back on the field. She was like, "Mom! It's not my turn!"
We had to explain that if coach needed someone to fill-in for another player, she had to be ready. She was like naaaaahhhh.
"Well chloe, do you want to hit & tackle?"
"Yeah Mom!"
"Well get your helmet on!"
It was great! Josie couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop jumping and yelling! I am so incredibley proud of Chloe! She kicks butt! By far the toughest girl I know! At the end of the game I went up to her coach shook his hand and thanked him for doing such a great job with the kids. He then told me he was concerned when he first heard he would have a girl on his team. He said now, he has not a doubt in his mind! She can handle this!
One of the highlights of her first game day was when they handed out jerseys! Chloe is # 34! Her godfather - uncle Greggo and Uncle Juice were also 34! We now call her SWEETNESS after Walter Payton one of the most prolific running backs in the history of American Football!
Chloe also started 1st grade! She has the same teacher and classroom that she did for kindergarten. We really like her. This is her second year teaching and she is doing a great job! Chloe now goes for full days! She gets to eat at school too! I make her lunch every morning as my mom did for me. I also make sure I put a little love-you note in her lunch everyday too. Growing up through grade school and even middle & high school she always left me some message that always made me smile. They were always so animated with hearts and funny faces in the letters! It's funny what we remember and pass along to our children.
The girls also got to go to their first circus! They both loved it! Josie also got to go on her first elephant ride too (Chloe's was at Wildlife Safari a couple years ago)! She loved the circus entertainment. She kept gasping, laughing and shaking she would get so excited!
Labor Day weekend we went camping along a tributary that flows into the Umqua. It is beautiful! It is secluded (for it is way off the main road) and we caught tons of crawdads! Not quite lobster, but boy are they good! Josie drank from a straw on the trip for the first time! She just grabbed one of the kids Capri Suns and started sipping away!
Kevin has been busy with work, coaching Chloe's football team and hunting now too! Tis the season... I hardley see my hubby about this time of the year, but it allows me to get a lot done around the house! So this weekend we have Kevin's company picnic and Chloe's 1st official game on Sunday. Busy, busy. I just try and keep up!
So here we go! Rolling with the punches (or tackles) and laughing as we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment