So here we are in 2009! A new year to start fresh! I have dedicated myself to making a better me! Of course the typical weight loss plan, but more importantly the deep soul work too! I am focusing especially on my attitude. I often times can get down with the normal stresses of daily life… Bills, work (or lack there of in Kevin’s case), what my house looks like, what my yard looks like, etc….
After hearing about John Travolta and Kelly Preston’s son Jett dying of an epileptic fit, I burst into tears. Not that I know them on a personal basis, but it just really hit me. The loss of a child has to be one of the worst possible. I may have stress in my life, but I have so much to be thankful for…
My husband I adore, healthy happy daughters, lots of great friends and family, a great job, a car to drive, a warm home, good food, my own health… I can go on and on.
So there it is…. My New Year’s Resolution…. BE HAPPY think POSITIVE and don’t sweat the small stuff…
After hearing about John Travolta and Kelly Preston’s son Jett dying of an epileptic fit, I burst into tears. Not that I know them on a personal basis, but it just really hit me. The loss of a child has to be one of the worst possible. I may have stress in my life, but I have so much to be thankful for…
My husband I adore, healthy happy daughters, lots of great friends and family, a great job, a car to drive, a warm home, good food, my own health… I can go on and on.
So there it is…. My New Year’s Resolution…. BE HAPPY think POSITIVE and don’t sweat the small stuff…
Christmas was great. Christmas Eve we took the girls with Carolyn to the children’s mass at church. It was beautiful. They ask the kiddos to come up to the alter for a story after the homily. It is so cute. Chloe of course was well behaved, as for Josie… not so much. She walked around, flirted with another little boy, grabbed his cheeks, went and sat on the steps by the manger. It was hysterical! Santa even came after mass to offer his sign of peace. It was just gorgeous, they turn all the lights off except for the decorative Christmas lights and Santa just quietly walks down the isle, leaves the peace offering and mysteriously disappears out the back…. The kids just love it! After mass we headed home for cocktails and good cheer with some more family and friends. Josie got her first Elmo toy Christmas Eve from my father and his wife. It seriously scared her to death! She was super overwhelmed, it was extremely funny though! Chloe also got her first Christmas gift of Legos from them too. Kevin and Chloe played Legos all night as the rest of us sat very entertained by Josie and Elmo!
Christmas morning was so much fun! Again, Josie was so overwhelmed. So many toys…. Chloe was the ‘as usual’ great big sis and helped Josie open most of her gifts. Chloe totally made out! Thanks to Kevin’s family and mine she was crazy spoiled!
Mom was supposed to come up Christmas Day but couldn’t make it over some of the passes between here and Medford. I was bummed. I had put the ham in the oven early and about noon mom called to say she couldn’t make it. So the ham was only half way cooked. I just said screw it, turned off the oven and hoped for the best and that mom would be able to make it up the day after. So Christmas afternoon we went out to my dad’s for a terrific turkey dinner. We had a great time. Josie got to see and pet horses for the first time and Chloe got to build snowmen! Thanks Dad and Dawn for having us out and sharing Shar’s yummy chocolate covered martinis!!!
The day after Christmas Mom came up! She showed up bigger and better than Santa did! She came with a car load of presents! Too much! Chloe and Josie couldn’t believe their eyes over the size of some of them too! Chloe got an incredible Breyer horse set and very stylish clothes. Josie got Elmo LIVE and clothes…. Mom, thank you soooooo much!
All in all, Christmas and New Years was very special this year. As our wallets are worn a little more thin than usual, the love of friends and family was bursting at the seams!
Looking forward to 2009…
Christmas morning was so much fun! Again, Josie was so overwhelmed. So many toys…. Chloe was the ‘as usual’ great big sis and helped Josie open most of her gifts. Chloe totally made out! Thanks to Kevin’s family and mine she was crazy spoiled!
Mom was supposed to come up Christmas Day but couldn’t make it over some of the passes between here and Medford. I was bummed. I had put the ham in the oven early and about noon mom called to say she couldn’t make it. So the ham was only half way cooked. I just said screw it, turned off the oven and hoped for the best and that mom would be able to make it up the day after. So Christmas afternoon we went out to my dad’s for a terrific turkey dinner. We had a great time. Josie got to see and pet horses for the first time and Chloe got to build snowmen! Thanks Dad and Dawn for having us out and sharing Shar’s yummy chocolate covered martinis!!!
The day after Christmas Mom came up! She showed up bigger and better than Santa did! She came with a car load of presents! Too much! Chloe and Josie couldn’t believe their eyes over the size of some of them too! Chloe got an incredible Breyer horse set and very stylish clothes. Josie got Elmo LIVE and clothes…. Mom, thank you soooooo much!
All in all, Christmas and New Years was very special this year. As our wallets are worn a little more thin than usual, the love of friends and family was bursting at the seams!
Looking forward to 2009…
No comments:
Post a Comment