Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life is too short...

Last Friday my Uncle Stanley very unexpectedly and quickly passed away. Dad called me at 5:30 to tell me he was getting on a plane to Chicago Saturday morning to go see him. He was at St. Joseph's Hospital in Joliet and in intensive care and they were trying to stabilize him to transport him to Northwestern. He was bleeding out... indicating liver failure. When they first arrived at the hospital he was with his girlfriend Barb and then his oldest daughter, my cousin, Sandra met them. He was given a blood transfusion that he tried to fight as San held his arm down. Then things really sped up. First his kidneys failed, then his liver, then his system completely shut down. Since he was not married Sandra was left with a very difficult decision, to take him off the respirator. He had always said if anything like this ever happened to let him go. Don't hold onto nothing and don't keep bringing me back...
By 7:00pm I had called one Aunt to inform her he was in the hospital and she immediately said Oh Jessica! Suze (my cousin) tried to email you! We don't have your number! We don't have your dad's! Uncle Stanley passed away at 7pm (so at this time it was 9:00 in Chicago). I couldn't believe it! So I called Dad and told him, he also was in shock. This was soooo hard. I had 2 hours to process that he's in the hospital, then gone. He was suppose to be out for a visit next week... we were so close.
This has been a very difficult for me as I have never really had someone so close die and so unexpectedly die...
I just hope and pray Dad can cope with this. He is to arrive back in Eugene this afternoon and it couldn't come fast enough. I want him home so I know he's okay and so I can give him a big hug.

Uncle Stan,
You are missed and very loved. Katie and Sandra you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you so much. -Jessica

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?