Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in the Saddle!






I have had a special request to keep updating this blog. Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, Genevieve, I am back in the saddle. We’ll just have to see how it goes. Like I shared with her, it has been almost next to impossible to keep up with this, much less getting together with friends even when they complain about never seeing us. I was also reminded of why I chose to start this to begin with. I love the idea of having this blog to not just share our happenings with friends and family, but for a keepsake especially.

So what’s new? Kevin has been busy with work and school. He has been taking a millwright course at Lane Community College 2 nights a week. He passed both his fall and winter terms with a B+! I am incredibly proud of him and he is constantly commended for his good work at the mill by supervisors and co-workers alike. He just started the spring term with a math class that sounds like is a total joke. So at least he should do well in that class and then be done for the summer! I can’t wait for summer!

Chloe is doing absolutely TERRIFIC in school. She is a ‘Self Manager’. She had to fill out an application, be on a probationary period, and has to turn in a progress report every week. A self manager is a privilege at Latham Elementary. You respect others, yourself, turn in homework, etc. and you are rewarded with getting to be one of the first to go to lunch or recess. Chloe brought home a PERFECT report card last week! She either meets or EXCEEDS every component for her grade level! Kevin and I could not be more proud, we are so blessed. On top of that, Chlo just started baseball. Kevin of course is coaching again (but not the HEAD coach THANK GOD!). This is her first year playing player-pitch. We were going to have her play one more year on coach-pitch, but she was moved up with her buddy Emry. I made a suggestion to the head of little league and we are THE Chicago Cubs this year!!!! Chloe has been rockin at practices! She is hitting well and has quite the arm!

Josie, hmmmm… Stubborn little Josie. Love that girl. She is such a character! She has NO desire to go potty like a big girl! Chloe was so much easier! We are still working on it and will keep trying! She LOVES her babies! When she talks she does this funny, “Me – my baby….” Or
“Me – my finger hurts…” Everything is “Me-my…” She loves to dress her babies and put diapers on them. If someone didn’t know better, walked in our house and looked around, they would think I am a TERRIBLE housekeeper. (Ok, time is limited, I guess I kind of am) but there are always diapers all over! They look like dirty ones too! Josie will use wipes to clean her babies, take the diaper off, roll it, and seal it all up. A little over a month ago Josie moved up to her big-girl bed! She is in a toddler bed now and she loves it. I love it to! When she wakes up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning she can come and get me rather than stand in her crib going, “Mom! Mom! Mom!” I love rolling over on the weekends to her standing at the bedside with her sleepy eyes and adorable smile.

As for me, I am just trying to keep up with everyone! I start my day at 4:15, meet Rebekah at the gym, workout til 5:30, go gome, make lunches, shower, get Kev out the door, wake the kids, take the kids to the sitter (that takes Chlo to school for me, thank goodness!), work all day, run errands at lunch, after work get the kids, pop dinner in the oven, off to baseball practice, eat dinner, bathtime, and my FAVORITE bedtime! I would not give any of it up! I love it! Someday they will be grown and I will have my own hobbies, so for now I will cherish every moment!

Kevin and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the weekend of March 13th. It was AMAZING! I am so in love with the guy. It was nice to get away from our crazy lives and enjoy each other. We stayed at the Adobe Resort in Yachats. It was beautiful. We had a Jacuzzi tub in our room right by the window! It was a little tricky trying to get in and out of it during the day! We combed the beach for hours, enjoyed a fantastic seafood dinner, slept with the fire place cranked and window open so we could hear the waves. Ahhhhh… I love thinking about it and can’t wait to back next year!

So I will do my very best to keep up with this! Hope all is well with all of you that check this!

2 comments:

Jeff and Genevieve said...

Yay! That's a great update! Thank you!!! And congratulations on making it 7 years and still being "in love with the guy." LOL. Chloe and Josie are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to move Caity up to a big bed either.

Jeff and Genevieve said...

Time for more pictures and post! Let me know how the race went this weekend. You girls looked great!


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?