Damn, I thought. No sleep (for 10 more months since she was a terrible sleeper). So there we were about to become parents. Everything started at 9:30 that night. Kevin video taped the monitor measuring my contractions (that were incredibly intense and painful due to the pitocin to induce my labor) and Chloe's heart rate. I could have killed him with the damn camera! First time mommy, super woman that went though lamaze, insisted NO DRUGS! Kevin's mom was there, his sister, and youngest brother. I tried the damn exercise ball, that didn't last long. Chrissy brushed my hair as I sat in the rocking chair. When she stopped I rocked hard, pressing my head into the back of the hard wooden chair. By 1:30 am, the nurse came in and finally talked me into an epidural, I was in so much pain. After sobbing because I 'wasn't strong enough' I accepted the incredibly huge needle to puncture my spine. I thought Kevin was going to pass out. After a short while I was finally relieved from pain, all pain, my legs were numb. I then relaxed in bed with my mother-in-law by my side, in my very-medicated 'happy place' watching Rollie Pollie Ollie. By 9am it was time to start pushing. The nurse had to tell me when I was having a contraction and to push, because my legs were still numb.
32 minutes later Chloe was born, 7 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long. Bright ocean blue eyes and blonde hair. My PERFECT baby girl. Kevin cried, we kissed.... this was a PERFECT moment, everything it was suppose to be. So on this day, I reflect and cherish my family, my marriage and the privilege it is to be a mother. I love you Chlo Bug.
1 comment:
OK! Tears streaming down my face. This is a beautiful post Jess. (God, stop crying!). Ok. Chloe was absolutely perfect and still is to this day even though we don't get to see her that often. I enjoy watching her grow from your video and picture texts and from these blog posts. She has been cherished and loved by her extended family since the day she was born despite the distance. Love, Uncle Jeff, Aunt GiGi, and Cuzes Caity and Lily
Post a Comment