Sunday, October 7, 2007

It's a girl!


Josie Hope Malmstedt was born Friday October 5th at 5:34 am. She weighed exactly 8 lbs and is 21 inches long.

She is a beautiful baby. Kevin, Chloe and I are head over heels in love with her.

Josie was delivered by Dr. Beller at McKenzie Willamette hospital. Everything was great. After having strong contractions all day Thursday we finally were ready to head to the hospital at 10:30 pm. When we arrived I was dilated to 4cm. By 1am I was dilated to 7cm. Kevin and our nurse talked me into an epidural by 2:30. Thank God for that! As soon as they ordered the epidural my contractions came hard and quick. By 5am we were ready to push and only did for 20 minutes! Kevin was amazing, I couldn't have done it without him. The energy and support I had throughout my labor and delivery was incredible.

Dr. Beller placed Josie on my stomach. Emotions just overwhelmed me. I just looked in disbelief at the angel that had just been given to me. Kevin then looked at me with tears of joy and said, "It's another girl."
We shared a moment with our daughter that was just like it was 6 years ago when Chloe was born. Kevin then went out to the waiting room where my dad, step-mom, and sister were waiting with sleeping Chloe. He brought the proud, very sleepy big sister in to meet Josie. She was in awe. Chloe came in and hopped right on the bed next to me eager to hold her sister. Then Kevin and Chloe gave Josie her first bath.

Josie and I were both doing well and were discharged yesterday.
We came home yesterday afternoon around 1: 00. Josie, Chloe, Kevin and I were EXHAUSTED. We haven't done anything other than admire our princess since we have been home. Kevin has been great. Shopping and cooking... I couldn't ask for anything more! Chloe has been a wonderful sister too! Always ready to help mom and dad.

I will have many more updates coming soon... Just according to little miss Josie's schedule rather than my own!

Tomorrow Josie has a follow up Dr. appointment and then we are off to shop for pinkl!

Love,
Jessica, Kevin, Chloe and Josie

5 comments:

Brian, Emily, Ashley, and Brody said...

Congratulations to you guys! She is absolutely precious. I can't wait to meet her and I'm so excited you had a little girl! Enjoy every second with her. Love,
Brian, Emily, and baby Timm.

Jamie said...

How sweet is she! Congratulations! What a magical time in your life. Enjoy every second and try to fit in some naps!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Jess, Kevin, Cloe and Josie,
What a beautiful baby girl!!! Keep those pictures coming. I am so incredibly happy for the "four" of you. Chloe must be in heaven. Her own real life baby doll. She is going to be such a wonderful mommy's helper.

God Bless your precious little family. Hope somehow we can see you at Christmas.

Jennifer Lewis

D said...

Oh Congratulations guys. She is just a cutie. I just love her name. Very fitting. I am so glad to hear that everything went well. I can't wait to see her. Take care..

Aunt Becki said...

Congratulations on your newest arrival. I can't wait for 'Baby Timm' to get here for us to spoil.


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?