Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A very snowy birthday!






Kevin turned 29 on Saturday! Happy Birthday Daddy!
Kevin had to work, but we celebrated when he got home with some friends. I made my, ok....mom's famous brownies, and elk burgers. Sunday we were then buried in snow! We never get this much snow! Chloe, Josie and I were out making snowmen by 9am! We were actually worried we would use all of the snow in our front yard and wouldn't have any left to look at but that didn't end up being a problem at all! We ended up getting well over 6 inches! When Kevin got home from work Sunday we went out to Dad and Dawn's for a birthday party. Only a handful of us even attempted and made it there! The roads were terrible. We had a blast though. After a wonderful dinner we all piled in dad's truck tied up the tabagon (I think that's how it's spelled...!) & took turns being pulled literally THROUGH the snow! When asked why she wasn't smiling Chloe said she couldn't because her face was frozen! Monday was a snow day for all of us! Dad, Dawn, Eddie, Lisa (Dawn's son and fiance') and there little boy Tyler all showed up early for breakfast and coffee because they didn't have power and we did. It was nice to have a day off with Kevin since I haven't had one for a few weeks now that I am back at work. Unfortunately Kevin was hard at work trying to get a new transmission in our van, AGAIN! I think there's something about these minivans! Another reason I don't like them in addition to the soccer-mom look!

Last night we tried the Johnny Jump Up. It is so funny to watch Jo in it! She looks so grown up! She liked it a lot. I think she enjoyed teething on it more than she enjoyed standing (or kinda bouncing...) on it!
Something else worth jumping for joy over is Jo sleeping on her own! Finally! She now sleeps majority of the night in her bassinet. Rather than nurse her through the whole night when she starts to fuss for a feeding I just reach in and give her a bottle and then she falls right back asleep! It cuts down on my nursing her, but if that means we both get more sleep I think I am okay with that! My goal was to nurse until at least until 4 months and I still am, just supplementing with formula. She does great on the formula too so I think we just keep up with that during the days I am at work and also during the very late or early morning hours. I still try to nurse if she is awake before I go to work, when I come home for lunch, when I am home in the evenings and then all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It works for now, so we will just continue to go with the flow, until she gets teeth!
Jo has her 4 month check up next week already! I just said to Kev last night how it feels like she was just born, but that she has been around (or a part of our family) forever.
Enjoy the pictures! I think I have a tendency to go a little over-board with pictures (especially on my camera phone...) but I want to remember every second! Dawn even said the other day after we downloaded all my pictures on her computer that it doesn't look like Jo is suffering from second-baby syndrome. You know the one when not so many pictures are taken as the first or baby books are just not filled out..... not this baby, she is our miracle and I will never forget how truly lucky we are to have her!
We love you Chloe and Josie, don't you ever forget it!

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?