Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tummy Trouble!

Come here sissy!

The last couple days have been awful. Poor Jo has been incredibly constipated. It just breaks my heart to see her in so much pain. Almost 2 weeks ago we had switched formula. We had been using Similac Advance and switched to Enfamil GentleEase. It was time to buy another can and we figured we could try this one to help with the spit up. So when last week at her appointment I asked the doctor about formulas she could recommend and she thought the Enfamil was one of the best. Well, did we find out the hard way!? Don't get me wrong I am sure this is a good formula, just not good for Jo. I stayed home from work with her yesterday. When this poor girl tried to "go" she was in excruciating pain! I cried too. It just kills you to see your child in so much pain. Jo's pediatrician's triage nurse told me to keep her on this formula for it is not good to jump to and from different formulas. I understand it is not good to be switching all the time, but I do not agree with keeping her on something that obviously does not work for her.So I called for a second opinion and called Chloe's pediatrician's triage nurse. She agreed with me. Obviously this formula is just not working for her. I would much rather have a little spit up than to have her in so much pain. So for immediate relief I gave her a teaspoon of prune juice in a small bottle and later in the afternoon gave her some very watered down rice cereal mixed with prune juice. The sweet thing was straving! She had one bottle of Similac formula before bed and throughout the night. I nursed early this morning. Then when we got up I gave her just a 1/4 tsp of prune juice mixed in her formula... & WA-LA! She went painlessly!
Thank God! Hopefully she will be ok now.

As for her labial adhesion it has not been resolved quite yet. Hopefully it will over the next week. Thank goodness we caught it when we did. I am amazed she can even urinate for it looks like it hardly comes out of anywhere!
We had Chloe's parent teacher conference last Thursday and she is going GREAT! We couldn't be more proud! Chloe is doing so well that she is already where she should be by the end of the year! She is in the top reading group of her class. Her teacher and principal both commented on how well Chloe helps her classmates. When Chloe finishes her work she happily helps her classmates that are struggling. He also mentioned numerous times how kind she is too. Chloe demonstrates the same qualities at home too. Check out the pictures above. Chloe playing (teaching) her sister and her patience (pain tolerance)!
We love you Chlo!
Valentine's Day is Thursday. Tell the ones you love that you do and have a great week!

No comments:


Chloe getting practice

Best Buds

Fun in the Sun

Sisters - Best Friends, Together Again!

Who's pregnant?